Terms and Conditions
Southern California Public Radio Online Auction
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS, CREDITS OR EXCHANGES ARE ALLOWED.
The items listed in this online catalog are being offered and sold by Southern California Public Radio (unless otherwise noted) and all proceeds benefit Southern California Public Radio.
- The following terms and conditions, as amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale, govern the sale of all the items listed herein:
- No Liability: Neither Southern California Public Radio nor Bidding for Good assume any risk, liability or responsibility for the authenticity or quality of any items presented in this catalog. SCPR is not responsible if a business/organization has closed before the gift card/experience has been fulfilled.
- b. No Warranties: All items are sold "as is" without recourse. Southern California Public Radio makes no representations or warranties of any kind or nature, expressed or implied, with respect to the auction items. Southern California Public Radio, in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of the catalog, nor be deemed to have made any representations or warranties of quality of same. No statement made in the catalog or at the sale, in any bill of sale, invoice or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a representation or warranty or assumption of liability on the part of Southern California Public Radio or Bidding for Good. Prospective bidders should read the description and familiarize themselves with the terms, conditions, and restrictions before bidding to determine the appropriateness of the auction item.
- c. Participants in this auction will hold harmless Southern California Public Radio, their board of directors, employees, contractors and agents as well as contractors and agents of the item donors from any and all liability associated with the purchase and use of auction items.
- d. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Southern California Public Radio will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim or costs arising from, incurred wholly or partly by, or in any manner related to, the purchase or use of any auction items or packages offered or originated by Southern California Public Radio. Auction participants shall hold harmless and indemnify Southern California Public Radio, their board of directors, employees, contractors and agents from any and all loss, damage, claim or costs associated with any and all claims which may be asserted against Southern California Public Radio in connection with the purchase and use of such auction items.
- All bids must be made via the internet, on the auction site, by use of computer, tablet or smart phone. Telephone (by voice), fax or in person bids will not be accepted.
- A credit card will be required to make a bid. Southern California Public Radio will assume that this credit card is to be charged upon the completion of the auction, if the bidder places a successful winning bid on an auction item. Southern California Public Radio also assumes the same credit card will be used to pay shipping and handling fees through a second transaction if the bidder places a successful winning bid and does not request item pick-up.
- Southern California Public Radio may withdraw any auction item at any time before the winning bidder's credit card is charged.
- Unless otherwise announced by Bidding for Good (the "auctioneer") at the time of sale, all bids are per lot as numbered.
- Southern California Public Radio reserves the right, without giving any reason therefore, to reject a bid from any bidder. The highest bidder acknowledged by Southern California Public Radio shall be the purchaser. In the event of any dispute between bidders, Southern California Public Radio shall have the sole and final discretion either to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell the article in dispute. If any dispute arises after the sale, Southern California Public Radio and Bidding for Good sale records shall be conclusive in all respects.
- Each item is listed with a minimum bid. Bids below this minimum will not be accepted. The auctioneer will set bid increments. Bids will only be accepted at these increments.
- At the end of the sale, the highest bidder shall be deemed to have purchased the offered item subject to all of the conditions set forth herein and thereupon:
- assumes the risk and responsibility therefore
- will pay the full purchase price. Unless noted, any travel expenses or supplies needed, will be at the purchaser's expense. No refunds or exchanges.
- If the foregoing conditions and other applicable conditions are not complied with, including, without limitation, the failure of the purchaser to pay the bid price, Southern California Public Radio, at their option, may either
- Cancel the sale, retaining as liquidated damages all payments made by the purchaser.
- Resell the item for the account and risk of the purchaser, either publicly or privately, and in such event the purchaser shall be liable for payment of any deficiency, all other charges due hereunder and incidental damages.
- Upon conclusion of the auction, the credit cards of the winning bidders will be charged for the agreed upon bid price. If the charge card is rejected, Southern California Public Radio will make a three attempts to contact the winner to make arrangements for alternative payment. If new payment information cannot be secured after the third attempt, this item will be offered to the next highest bidder.
- Items may be tax-deductible if purchased above the stated retail value. Check with your tax advisor on the tax-deductibility of your purchase.
- Southern California Public Radio and Bidding For Good are not responsible for errors or omissions arising out of or resulting from order bids or bids transmitted by Internet, including, without limitation, errors or omissions resulting from mechanical difficulties or failure.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.