In Tehachapi (some 70 miles north of L.A.) between Bakersfield and Mojave
- Fire was initially reported Tuesday 3 p.m.
- 1,436 Acres (more than 2 square miles)
- 25% contained
- 25 to 40 buildings destroyed (a damage assessment team is trying to get an accurate number).
- More than a thousand personnel working on the fire
Calm, cool weather overnight helped firefighters, but fire officials ware worried about winds that could pick up in the afternoon.
In the southern portion of the Sequoia National Forest near Kernville
- Started Monday
- nearly 16,000 acres (20+ square miles)
- 12% contained
- 8 homes and 6 out-buildings destroyed, 1,200 homes threatened
- Very little fire activity observed overnight