About 150 houses in La Crescenta are now being evacuated by the Los Angeles County sheriff's office. The mandatory evacuation order is for the Briggs Terrace area, and covers all homes reached off of Shields Street above Briggs Avenue.
The Station Fire is moving to the west and that several hundred houses are being ordered to be evacuated in the Montrose section of the City of Glendale. All homes in Glendale north of Santa Carlotta Street, between Pennsylvania and Lowel avenues, are being evacuated.
Mandatory evacuations are being called for the following neighborhoods in
La Cañada Flintridge:
- Ocean View Boulevard northeast of Bristow Drive, including Bristow
Drive, Derwood Drive, Manistee Drive, and Highrim Road.;
- Generally east of Palm Drive. at Ravista Lane, north of Vista Del Valle, and west of Angeles
- Greenridge Dr., Forest Green Dr., Ridge Ct., and Starlight Crest Dr. (through address 502);
- Big Briar Way (off Haskell St.); La Canada Blvd. n/o El Vago St., Donna Maria Ln., Indian Dr., Alta
Canyada Rd. n/o El Vago St., Hacienda Dr., Linda Vista Dr., and Alta
Canyada Rd. n/o Linda Vista Dr.
Residents in these areas are asked to assemble their families and leave the area.
An evacuation center is set up at La Cañada High School, located at 4463 Oak Grove Dr., where the
Red Cross is ready to receive those coming from the evacuation area.
- According to John Velasco of JPL, the Lab will be closed until at
least Sunday evening.
- All concerned residents should packed and be prepared to leave if a
mandatory evacuation order is issued; La Cañada High School is set up
and available to shelter evacuees (30 people have sought shelter);
Crescenta Valley and John Muir High Schools are backup locations.
- If you and your family are evacuated from your residence or business,
please check in with the Red Cross at La Canada High School, even if you
will be staying temporarily with family and friends at another location.
- The Pasadena Humane Society is available at La Canada High School for
- Review your individual preparedness plan and continue to monitor local
news and this website for updates · 164 homes have lost electricity in
the Country Club area. No timeframe for restoration as SCE cannot enter
this area due to fire danger.
As of 1:45 p.m. today, the following areas had been placed under mandatory evacuation orders:
In the mountains above Sunland-Tujunga, at 1:45 p.m. authorities began evacuating upper reaches of Big Tujunga Canyon, near the Big Tujunga Ranger Station. Offciials are not sure of the exact parameters of the evacuation area.
Thomas Brothers Map page 4643.
In La Canada Flintridge, at 11:45 a.m. officials ordered additional mandatory evacuations from homes accessed by Ocean View Boulevard north of Bristow Road. This area includes Bristow Road, Derwood Drive, Manistee Drive and Highrim Road. This area is the eastern side of Pickens Canyon, along the city line between La Canada Flintridge and unincorporated La Crescenta. (Map 504 H-5, 504 H-6.)
In La Canada Flintridge, an 11:30 a.m. order covers the area generally north of Vista del Valle Road, west of Angeles Crest Highway, and east of Palm Drive at its intersection with Ravista Lane. (Maps 534 J-1; 535 A-1; 535 B-1 and 535 C-1.)