With Arizona's SB 1070 anti-illegal immigration law set to take effect next week - and legal challenges to the measure being heard in court - much of the news this morning is out of Arizona.
- The Tucson Sentinel posted this update last night on the SB 1070 hearings taking place in Phoenix, in which arguments were heard yesterday in two of the lawsuits challenging the law, including a federal government challenge on constitutional grounds.
- The Los Angeles Times has this story on the economic fallout of undocumented immigrants leaving Arizona out of fear of SB 1070.
- Fox News reports on a Latino GOP group announcing its support of the Arizona measure.
- Spin has an interview with guitarist Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, which is reuniting for a show tonight at the Hollywood Palladium with proceeds to benefit two Arizona immigrant rights groups.
- Several publications are now following yesterday’s Salt Lake Tribune story pointing to a particular Utah state employee as a possible culprit in that state’s immigration hit list scandal.
- The Wall Street Journal's legal blog is reporting on a lawsuit filed this week by the American Civil Liberties Union over a Nebraska town’s anti-illegal immigration housing ordinance.
- Finally, in the latest issue of the New Yorker, William Finnegan challenges some of political claims made about border crime and Border Patrol apprehensions.