Ferris Bueller is back. At least for a Super Bowl ad. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Check out this teaser:
- Plastic parts of one Studio City woman's car have been melting. The culprit? Potentially her neighbor's energy-efficient windows.
- L.A. has some districts with complicated shapes (some would describe them as "gerrymandered"), but if you want to view some real district complexity, check out this jigsaw puzzle of Chicago's wards made by an architecture student.
- Wu-Tang Clan member the RZA is doing an in-store appearance at the Santa Monica Promenade Apple Store today at 6 p.m.
- Could Doctor Who Matt Smith be moving to L.A.?
Check out these videos of comedians dancing in music videos. I love Angela Trimbur's "Dance Like Nobody's Watching: Laundromat," and this new one featuring Nathan Barnatt is pretty great:
- There's a new beer out called "Chick Beer," with its pink cardboard holder designed to look like a purse and a little black dress on the label. Is it a light beer? Of course it is. Money quote from a waiter on the beer: "I think it is a dumb marketing scheme." (via DaveBarry.com)
- Stacey Irvine, 17, has eaten almost nothing besides chicken nuggets since she was 2. She was hospitalized after collapsing from work with anemia and being told she must immediately add fruits and vegetables to her diet or she would die. I'm a ridiculously picky eater, but hey, I am marginally better off than this.
- What if Disney's princesses were modern, fashion-conscious women? (via Neatorama)
- In case you want to listen to a 27-verse version of the song from the Hobbit trailer:
(via the Mary Sue)