- Stephen Colbert announced in FEC filings released at midnight that his Super PAC has managed to pull in over a million dollars in donations. That's a lot of money for a political organization whose primary purpose seems to be comedy, though they're also trying to educate people about the influence of money in politics. Its donors include a number of celebrities, such as Bradley Whitford, who donated $250, as well as California's own lieutenant governor, Gavin Newsom, who gave $500.
- In other Bradley Whitford news, he's starring in the Pasadena Playhouse's play "Art," which he talked about with KPCC's Patt Morrison last week. My tweet about spotting him, for all you West Wing nerds:
- Adele is back! She'll be making her grand return at the Grammys. Be sure to check us out for Grammys coverage here and on our Twitter.
The talented but sadly underused Paul Brittain is leaving "Saturday Night Live" without even finishing out this season, after a season and a half of small roles. A recent hysterical sketch he starred in as Lord Wyndemere:
- In other comedy news, "Key and Peele" debuts on Comedy Central tonight. It's being compared to "Chappelle's Show" in the way it tackles race head on (Real world example: billboards around town saying that if you don't watch, you're racist). You can read our earlier thoughts about "Key & Peele" and watch a video here.
- OK Go is trying to hit every demographic. First up, they'll be featured in a Super Bowl ad this weekend. (Hat tip: Laughing Squid)
They're also on "Sesame Street" teaching kids about primary colors. (Hat tip: The Daily What)
- Hey, guys? The Super Bowl is this weekend, and you really, really shouldn't drink or drive. Please. Do this for me. We're pals, right? Kind of? The LAPD is also going to be helping to make sure you don't do such a stupid thing by conducting DUI checkpoints over Super Bowl weekend. (Hat tip: L.A. Observed)
- Finally, something happy: Kristen Bell loves sloths so much that she can't keep it together at the very feeling that a sloth might be near her. I hope that I find something eventually that makes me this happy. (Hat tip: The Mary Sue)
Stephen Colbert rakes in donations, LAPD patrolling for Super Bowl drunkenness and Kristen Bell loves sloths
Enjoy Without A Net? Try KPCC’s other blogs.
February 23, 2018
November 13, 2017
November 1, 2017
October 24, 2017