- My least favorite Glee character ("Why am I not getting a solo here?!" every episode forever) did an excellent job rocking some "I Will Always Love You" on "Glee" last night, eerily close to Whitney Houston's death. But it was the kind of epic performance that was also a perfect tribute, so I'm cool with it. Now if you'll excuse me, there's dust in my eye. Like, a lot of it. (Hat tip: Jezebel)
- You can check out some other excellent "I Will Always Love You" covers here.
- In NOT appropriate Whitney tribute news: the National Enquirer hired someone to pose in a re-creation of the hotel room where Whitney died.
- How was your Valentine's Day? Well, 15,000 Southern California Edison customers spent it in the dark — thanks to a metallic Valentine's Day balloon. Oops. On the bright side, perhaps it made for a more romantic evening?
- Chris Brown decided that it would be super awesome to yell at everyone on Twitter about how it's OK for them to hate because he won a Grammy.
- Comedian Louis CK is a trendsetter once again: Jim Gaffigan is following his model and self-releasing his next special as a $5 download. (Hat tip: The Comedy Bureau)
- Feeling funny? Well, too late, you missed the auditions "Saturday Night Live" is holding this week, but hey, keep at it kid! With Paul Brittain leaving midseason and Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis reportedly leaving at the end of the season, looks like we may be getting a wave of new late night comedy blood. Whether they actually get used in any sketches is a different story.
- Finally, there's a preview above, but you should go check out the full image of what "Star Wars" would be if it was an infographic. (Pretty.)
Glee does Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' and Chris Brown's still a jerk
Enjoy Without A Net? Try KPCC’s other blogs.
February 23, 2018
November 13, 2017
November 1, 2017
October 24, 2017