- The L.A. Public Library is getting super hipster: They're on Pinterest now. You can check out things like the Ansel Adams Collection, cool L.A. maps and neat bookplates. (Hat tip: L.A. Observed)
- Sorry, Silverlake and Echo Park: Curbed L.A. did a poll on what the new cool neighborhood in L.A. is, and the winner is... Mid-City! (I do improv there, does that count as me being cool? No? OK, thanks.)
- Courtney Love is likely going to court here in L.A. in her second Twitter-related lawsuit. (This is why I only tweet things about how awful I am instead of other people.)
- I'm a theater nerd but have sadly not seen the show topping L.A. Weekly's theater award nominations: Re-Animator: The Musical. (Hat tip: The Comedy Bureau)
- The Muppets aren't getting a chance to perform their Oscar-nominated song at the Oscars this year, in a year when only two songs were nominated, but they have been booked as presenters now. This better not be for a non-televised technical category.
- We wrote about adorable old people for Valentine's Day, so continuing on that theme, here's video of a 100-year-old getting married on her 100th birthday. To a younger man. At 87, a 13 year age difference! (Hat tip: The Daily What)
Best quote: "Getting married wasn't a big thing back when I was young. It wasn't no big thing. You just got somebody that could preach or knew the Bible a little bit and make a little short talk, and that is it."