There are many options this weekend other than not driving on the 405. There are several outdoor activities, a book fair, or you could win a big prize at the Dodger game. Here is our little list:
The Hollywood Bowl is hosting two concerts this weekend.
1. Saturday L.A. darlings The Go-Gos are headlining a Totally 80s night which will also feature the Psychedelic Furs, The Motels and Bow Wow Wow
2. Sunday the Grammy-award winning Wilco will make its way back to L.A. with the California's most popular harpist Joanna Newsom
3. What a better way to celebrate Carmageddon than seeing exotic, famous, and antique cars on the Miracle Mile? The Peterson Auto Museum is offering half price admission for the weekend in honor of the 405 freeway closure.
4. Anyone can run a 5k, but what about a 50k? Saturday The Rocket Running Club is hosting a 50k Beach Blast Marathon along Pacific Palisades, Santa Monica, and Venice. There will also be a marathon, a half marathon, and a 5k.
5. Speaking of Venice, Saturday is Field Trip Day: Venice. Starting at 2pm, explorers are invited to "Wander through the scenic streets and meet with freaks and fortune tellers, see the world upside down, and glimpse into the mysterious underground Venice." It's free and bicycles are recommended.
6. Way too much physical activity? True, the weatherman says this weekend will be scorching. So how about enjoying the 11th annual West Hollywood Book Fair. It's free.
7. All weekend Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla will be hosting the Italian Feast of San Gennaro in Hollywood behind Hollywood High School. If you prefer to just sit at home and watch things on your computer, the Feast, which begins tonight, also has a live stream.
8. Do you have too many drugs? Are they cluttering your medicine cabinet? Are you a good person and know that it's wrong to flush them down the toilet? The DEA is holding a "National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day" to help prevent addiction, overdose deaths and diversion of drugs to criminals. There are many drug drop-off spots around L.A. on Saturday. Click the link above to find the closest location near you.
9. Not to be left out, there will be a Triathlon on Sunday from Venice Beach to downtown L.A. 2,500 athletes are expected to race across town ending at Nokia Plaza.
10. The surging Los Angeles Dodgers are still fighting for the last wild card spot in the playoffs. This weekend they host the last-place Colorado Rockies. If they win tonight, the game to go to is Sunday as it is Fan Appreciation Day. Here are some of the things fans could win if they attend: one year lease on a Lexus vehicle, two Preferred Loge Season tickets for 2013 Dodgers Home Games, one year supply of Wetzel's Pretzels, two round trip vouchers to fly to Hawaii via United Airlines, a 42" flat screen television, lunch for two people with Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda, or an Apple iPad.