Beach Ball Comics
Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim, which was robbed overnight Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013. (This photo is from their reopening, posted Feb. 7, 2010.)
UPDATE 3:16 p.m.: Anaheim Police reportedly have the thief in custody, according to the store's Twitter account.
Looks like we've got the guy. Police have him. Things should be all resolved in a few hours, hopefully.— Beach Ball Comics (@BeachBallComics) January 30, 2013
Beach Ball Comics in Anaheim was robbed Tuesday night. According to employees from the comic book store, the front door was smashed, and the robber(s) also broke open the display case.
The items stolen:
- Two copies of Amazing Spider-Man #1 including one signed by Stan Lee
- Amazing Spider-Man #2
- Avengers #4 (Captain America’s Silver Age debut)
- Batman #4
- Giant-Size X-Men #1 (Debut of the ’70s-era X-Men, including Wolverine, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus)
- Green Lantern #76 (Green Lantern teams with Green Arrow in a critically acclaimed run fighting social ills)
- House of Secrets #92 (the first appearance of Swamp Thing)
- Incredible Hulk #102 (Hulk gets relaunched into his own comic)
- Incredible Hulk #181 (Part of the storyline introducing Wolverine for the first time)
- Superman #33 signed by Superman creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
Anaheim Police have also been on the case. Thomas from Beach Ball Comics says that some of the books are distinctive, with flaws that he would recognize, so he’s asked for people to contact the police and/or him if anyone sees those books. He posted his cell phone number for the public to contact him with any leads: (714) 349–9069.