Prince has apparently had enough of Los Angeles. A new tour, revealed by his backing band 3rd Eye Girl on a Prince fan video show (yes, this is apparently a huge thing), includes clubs up and down the West Coast — but none in Los Angeles.
No need to fear though, purple fans, as Prince will be closing the short tour in Orange County with four shows at the Grove in Anaheim on May 7 and 8. Still, for locals it’s a far cry from his epic 2011 run of 21 shows at the Inglewood Forum, where most tickets were only $25 — including service fees.
This new tour includes 28 shows, with both an early (8 p.m.) and late (11:30 p.m.) show on every date of the tour. In the weird numerological world of Prince, the man who dropped the song “7” is playing two nights each in seven cities.
The post about the announcement by show host Dr. Funkenberry (you read that correctly) did note that more dates could be added, so if you don’t feel like driving south, there’s still some Princely hope for L.A.
Listen to Prince’s new song “Screwdriver”:
The full list of tour dates:
- April 15 & 16: The Vogue. Vancouver, BC
- April 18 & 19: Showbox. Seattle, WA
- April 23 & 24: DNA Lounge. San Francisco, CA
- April 26 & 27: The Joint. Las Vegas, NV
- April 30 & May 1: Marquee Theatre. Tempe, AZ
- May 3 & 4: Hard Rock Hotel. San Diego, CA
- May 7 & 8: The Grove. Anaheim, CA
Ticket info is expected sometime in the next week.