Theo Wargo/Getty Images
February 16, 2012: Axl Rose of Guns N' Roses at Hiro Ballroom at The Maritime Hotel on in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Guns N' Roses will be returning to the Hollywood Palladium after a 22-year breather. Following the sold-out NY Takeover series, GN'R will be heading west for a Los Angeles version in March, it was announced Wednesday.
LA Takeover will be an intimate, three-date run of shows that begins at the Hollywood Palladium on March 9, followed by a Wiltern appearance on March 11, and wrapping up at the House of Blues Sunset Strip on March 12. Ticket presales begin Thursday, March 1 at 10:00 a.m.
The Axl / Slash / Steven Adler / Izzy Stradlin / Duff McKagan Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April. In the year 2012, the lineup of Guns N’ Rose looks like: Axl Rose, DJ Ashba (guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (drums).
- Love this year in review video, shot right here in L.A., collecting short bits of video daily and putting them together to tell one person's story over the course of a year. (via The Daily What)
- Google has a new Los Angeles headquarters featuring things like virtual reality Google Maps rooms and a building-tall pair of binoculars. (via Boing Boing)
- Adam Sandler was discovered in an L.A. comedy club by Dennis Miller; read this profile on Sandler focused on his time on "Saturday Night Live" (while you try to forget "Jack & Jill"). (via Splitsider)
- Comic book artist Ben Templesmith drawing a comic book page at San Francisco's Noise Pop music festival (an hour and a half video, but if you don't have time, fun to skip around in to see bits of the process). (via Robot 6)
- President Obama asking for Betty White's birth certificate (really!). (via the Daily What)
- And, because it makes me happy, Ron Swanson on Parks & Recreation dancing drunkenly, forever. (via Splitsider)