Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
Shark Week is here. Get. out. of. the. water.
The Discovery Channel's answer to the Olympics, "Shark Week," has been making a splash for a quarter century, offering the sofa species a chance to stare down a predator and live to tell the tale to Twitter.
For best results in not getting eaten, ignore all Candygrams for the next few days, stay alert in Venice Beach, and read as many shark-related lists as possible. Sharks hate people who read lists. Everybody knows that.
- 11 Famous Fictional Sharks (Buzzfeed)
- Top 100 Shark Facts (Discovery)
- 25 Awesome Things You Should Know For Shark Week (Business Insider)
- 5 Ways To Help Save Our Finned Friends (Huffington Post)
- Surfers, Seals and Survivors: Top 9 Shark Attack Videos (Daily Beast)
- Locations: 2012 Shark Attacks In The U.S. (Travelers Today)
- All Reported: Shark Attack & Incident File (Shark Attack)