Southern California breaking news and trends

Los Angeles DA declines to charge Richard Munnecke

Los Angeles County prosecutors have declined to charge a former Rose Parade volunteer with killing another volunteer nearly a decade ago, the San Gabriel Valley Tribune first reported today.

Spokeswoman Shiara Davila-Morales says the district attorney's office decided Friday that there was insufficient evidence to file a murder charge against 71-year-old Richard Munnecke. He was arrested on Wednesday.

Munnecke was an unpaid volunteer director with the Tournament of Roses Association. He was arrested Wednesday at his Alhambra home in the death of 59-year-old Donna Lee Kelley, another volunteer.

Kelly was missing for three weeks in 2004 before her daughter discovered her body in the trunk of her car.

Investigators said Munnecke had been romantically involved with the woman.

A telephone message could not be left for Munnecke at his home Friday because the voicemail box was full, the AP reported.

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus