Photo by justinm via Flickr Creative Commons
Angeles Crest Highway
The California Highway Patrol has closed Angeles Crest Highway about three miles north of the 210 in the Angeles National Forest near La Canada Flintridge after a man's body was discovered this morning near the Angeles Crest Forest Fire Station.
The man's body was discovered around 5 a.m. on the Angeles Crest Highway by a passing motorist who called 911. CHP had originally anticipated reopening the highway at 10:30, but it now thinks it will be closed for most of the day.
DETOUR INFORMATION FOR SR-2 ANGELES CREST HIGHWAY (via @CHPsouthern)
- Take Angeles Forest Hwy To Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
- Turn Left On Big Tujunga Canyon Rd Which Becomes Oro Vista Ave
- Continue To Foothill Blvd
- Take Wb Foothill Blvd To Mount Gleason Ave
- Turn Right On Mount Gleason Ave To Big Tujunga Canyon Rd
- Turn Right On Big Tujunga Canyon Rd To Angeles Forest Hwy
- Turn Right On Angeles Forest Hwy To Angeles Crest Hwy
This post has been updated.
Lisa Brenner can be reached via Twitter @lisa_brenner