Without a single joke about classical movements, here is a story about the new Hollywood Bowl bathrooms.
Last December, the LA County Board of Supervisors approved a plan to give the Bowl's bowls, sinks, dryers, lights, pipes, floors, layouts, and fixtures a high-design upgrade, with 12 bathroom areas getting an architecturally inspired makeover.
The $3 million rehab was run by Rios Clementi Hale Studios. The project, led by the firm's Julie Smith-Clementi, aimed to lose the "park restroom" ambiance while still keeping things durable, Zev Yaroslavsky noted on his site.
The contest, open to any open-to-the-public U.S. restroom, accepted online nominations which were then narrowed down by a selection committee. Now it's time to VOTE for number one.
Finalists: Top 10
- Hollywood Bowl (Hollywood, California)
- Gitane Restaurant (San Francisco, California)
- Liberty Market (Gilbert, Arizona)
- Mie N Yu Restaurant (Washington, DC)
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel (Chicago, Illinois)
- Walker Art Center (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Vanity Night Club (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano (New York, New York)
- Buc-ee's (New Braunfels, Texas)
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Virginia)
The winner, to be announced late fall, will receive a plaque of recognition, which, we suspect, will look great hanging in the bathroom.
Where are the best (or worst) bathrooms in Los Angeles?