Four teenagers who say they were sexually hazed by soccer players at a La Puente High School have filed claims saying the coach and older players conspired to attack them and videotape the assaults.
The claims, precursors to lawsuits, were filed Thursday against the Hacienda La Puente Unified School District.
Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Dan Scott says detectives are investigating the allegations. The coach is on paid leave.
An attorney representing four students told reporters last week that the players were attacked after making the varsity team earlier this year.
The teens say the coach lured them to a back room at the school so they could be sexually assaulted, including sodomy.
School district superintendent Barbara Nakaoka told the Los Angeles Times that she cannot comment.