Photo by Garry Knight via Flickr Creative Commons
The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory — winds of 35 mph or greater — for Los Angeles and other areas in the region beginning Tuesday night and continuing into Wednesday. The strongest gusts are expected over L.A. and Ventura counties.
A cold low pressure system is expected to move through the area Tuesday and into Northern Baja by Wednesday. Some of the interior valleys may experience another night of sub-freezing temperatures and patchy frost.
Use caution while driving; gusty cross winds could create hazardous road conditions, especially for high profile vehicles.
7-DAY FORECAST (Los Angeles)
- New Year's Day: Sunny, with a high near 63. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the evening.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 67. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the evening.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 68. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 47.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 65.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.