The Los Angeles Zoo will be transformed into a den of anthropomorphic amore when its educational menagerie becomes the focus of a fundraising event "celebrating romance in the animal kingdom."
The L.A. Zoo will host "Sex and the City Zoo 4: Sexy Beast" — the fourth annual Valentine's Day-inspired presentation by the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA) — on Saturday, Feb. 9, with proceeds supporting wildlife preservation and conservation efforts at the zoo and around the world.
The adults-only, Whole Foods-sponsored affair will take place at the Zoo's Witherbee Auditorium and will feature "a lighthearted and enlightening talk by actress Joleen Lutz, who is also known for her work as an interpretive naturalist of zoology," notes the news release.
Up-close "animal walkabouts," conversations with keepers, dessert, wine, and an optional four-course feast will follow. There is something decidedly The Freshman about exclusive dining inside of a zoo. Nevertheless:
- Ahi Tartare-Avocado Mouselline and Pickled Breakfast Radish on Sesame Soy Crisps
- Local Baby Frisee-Torn Duck Confit with Point Reyes Cheese, Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes, Mission Figs and Hive Honey Emulsion.
- Entrée choice 1: Veal Osso Buco with Citrus-Root Vegetables and Gremolata-Natural Juices
- Entrée choice 2: Pistachio Crusted Northern Halibut with Chilean Bing Cherries in Red Wine
- Entrée choice 3: Sage Brown Butter Potato Gnocchi with Roasted Market Vegetables and Light Saffron Cream
- Porcini Mushroom Polenta Cake with Hints of Truffle
- Dessert: Perfect “Pear” Cabernet with Poached-Mascarpone Ice Cream and Praline Brittle.
- Iced tea, sodas, glass of champagne include
- Wines available for purchase
- $30 per person for GLAZA members (add $65 for dinner)
- $40 per person for non-GLAZA members (add $75 for the dinner)
- Reservations required by Feb. 6
- Order online at www.lazoo.org or call (323) 644-6042