Kevin Winter/Getty Images
The Golden Globes will roll out Sunday night as Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host the historically marinated affair.
Overlooking for a moment at the nominees' human condition of winning and losing, the debate over the event's integrity and the periodic accusations of bribery, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's 70th award ceremony is an ideal dress-rehearsal opportunity for upcoming Oscar shenanigans.
Get to you know your nominees and start reviewing your game materials. The 70th annual Golden Globes awards ceremony will air Sunday, Jan. 13, at 5 p.m. PT on NBC.
- OPTION 1 Print interchangable award-show bingo cards via iVillage below. Cross off spaces as the lunacy unfolds. When you fill a line — across, down or diagonal — you are the winner!
- OPTION 2 Play online using the card below. Rules per Studio 360:
- Start with the card below
- Click on the tiles when you hear or see the cliché
- When you’ve got a complete row "YELL BINGO!"
- Click "GET NEW CARD" and start again
- OPTION 3 Interestingly, Evite has a six-card printable game that's generic enough to cover all award-show bases, but specific enough to keep you looking (fake smile close up, three dresses in the same color, etc.)
- OPTION 4 Take a deconstructionist approach with the wild card version. Print out game cards from all of the above options, mix them up, and distribute unremorsefully. Whining is instant disqualification.
- OPTION 1 We appreciate the attention to detail put into The Frisky's drinking game. They describe it as "more like a scavenger hunt."
- OPTION 2 The Hollywood Reporter scored a few details (below) direct from Tina and Amy. It's as close to an official Golden Globes drinking/strip poker/competitive eating game at it gets.
THR: OK, so can you come up with a couple of rules for a Globes drinking game?
Fey: Any time an actress cries in a speech, drink. Any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage, drink.
Poehler: Any time someone says, “I didn’t prepare anything!”
Fey: Any time anyone thanks Harvey Weinstein, eat a meatball sub.
THR: How about any time they show Judi Dench?
Fey: Yeah. You take off an article of clothing.
Poehler: Any time Maggie Smith wins.
MORE ON KPCC