"The Big Lebowski" — the Los Angeles-based Coen brothers comedy released March 6, 1998 — is 15 years old Wednesday, and no one could have anticipated the cult of fandom that has grown up around it.
In celebration of the anniversary, we'd like to point out a few what-have-yous:
- CNN asked,"Where Are They Now?"
- The Atlantic examined the near actual cult following.
- Curbed LA traced a map of L.A. filming locations.
- Lebowski Fest (which rolls into town this month) ate a "White Russian-soaked Toe Cake."
- IndieWire revealed "5 Things You Might Not Know."
- Vulture dug 15 deep thoughts on 15 years.
Proud we are of all of them. Now, here's a video of the curse words.