Photo by Prayitno via Flickr Creative Commons
Stunt show at Universal Studios Hollywood
As the dust of a billion briquettes settles on America's birthday, the post-party red, white, and blues are just kicking in.
Fear not, patriot. Hollywood knows that it's sometimes easier to let-down when everything is blowing up.
In an effort to transition you back from fireworks to everyday works, we've assembled 8 great pretend explosions from the
cannon canon of action cinema.
What's your favorite movie explosion of all time?
1) Ghostbusters (1984) - Mr. Stay Puft gets the crossed streams over NYC
3) Star Wars (1977) - Death. Star. Go. Boom.
4) Die Hard 5 (2013) - Drives a jeep off a helicopter into Chernobyl
5) Dr. Strangelove (1964) - Vera Lynn serenades the end of the world
6) The Matrix (1999) - A most excellent rescue
7) The Rock (1996) - Blowing up Alcatraz
8) Independence Day (1996) - The aliens do not want to be friends