An image grab taken from a video shows opposition fighter holding a rocket propelled grenade (RPG) as his fellow comrades take cover from an attack by regime forces on August 26, 2013.
1. Syria: Where does your US representative stand? (KPCC)
California's congressional delegation has begun weighing in about what the United States should do in reaction to allegations that the Syrian government used chemical weapons in the ongoing conflict there.
2. Trial date pushed to 2014 for accused in salon mass killing (KPCC)
A Superior Court judge has rescheduled until next year the trial of the man accused of committing the worst mass killing in Orange County history.
3. VIDEO: Dave Chappelle walks off stage 2 weeks before SoCal show (KPCC)
Comedian Dave Chappelle walked off stage at a show in Connecticut after a few jokes, thanks to a rowdy crowd, just two weeks before he’s scheduled to appear in Irvine.
4. Timeline: 30 years of US military attacks on other nations (KPCC)
A look at major U.S. military strikes as ordered by the last five U.S. presidents.
5. LA City Council to consider resolution on Time Warner Cable-CBS dispute (KPCC)
With the Time Warner Cable-CBS blackout still in effect, the Los Angeles City Council enters the debate, just days before the start of the regular NFL season.
6. Heaney's poems — great, dangerous, healing — live on (video) (KPCC)
The Nobel Prize-winning Irish poet Seamus Heaney died this morning in Dublin at the age of 74. Poet and critic Craig Morgan Teicher reflects on Heaney's mastery of sound and nuance.
7. San Diego mayor keeps a low profile on final day (KPCC)
Some women who identified themselves as targets of San Diego Mayor Bob Filner's sexual advances are holding a mock celebration to mark the mayor's last day in office.