Walk in the shoes of our science reporter Sanden Totten as he takes us inside JPL and let our data journalist Chris Keller show you the massive lines of code behind our Fire Tracker.
Wednesday marks the start of our fall pledge drive. That means that over the next 10 days, we'll be introducing you to our staff, highlighting some of our favorite coverage, throwing a big bash — and hosting a slew of Twitter chats.
- SCIENCE REPORTER SANDEN TOTTEN: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, October 3
Sanden covers everything from advances in medical technology to dinosaur fossils and space exploration. Some recent highlights of his work include a feature on the blue-footed booby and a series on the ecology of SoCal beaches.
- PHOTO AND VIDEO EDITOR GRANT SLATER: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday October 4
Grant has captured it all from funny videos that poke fun at L.A. to epic wildfire photos and the excitement of election night. Check out KPCC's newest blog AudioVision for some of his best. Oh, and don't forget to follow Grant on Instagram here.
- DATA JOURNALIST AND NEWS APPLICATION DEVELOPER CHRIS KELLER: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday October 8
Chris's most recent project is KPCC's Fire Tracker, an online tool that allows you to monitor and research California's wildfires. He was recognized by the L.A. Press Club for this interactive map on dangerous intersections. You can check out all of KPCC's projects here.
- EDUCATION REPORTER ANNIE GILBERTSON: 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday October 10
Annie has delved into coverage of the Los Angeles Unified School District as the newest member to our education team. How did L.A. students bypass iPad security? Read and listen to her latest here.
- Cheech Marin & KPCC—It’s a pledge drive party! RSVP here
- Become a KPCC member and/or show your support