Road closures and detours for next week's 86th Academy Awards will begin to go into effect in Hollywood Sunday night.
The Los Angeles Department of Transportation says that some sidewalks and alleyways have already been closed. More will be blocked off starting at 10 p.m. Sunday, and Hollywood Boulevard will be closed between Orange Drive and Highland Ave. The agency says it will begin aggressively ticketing and towing once the restrictions go into effect.
Here's a list of Sunday's planned closures:
- The south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard between Orange and Highland
- will close at 6 p.m., with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard directly in front of the
- Dolby Theatre portal will close at 10 p.m.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to Orange,
- with the exception of an 8-foot pedestrian access, will close at 10 p.m.
- The pedestrian mid-block crosswalk on Hollywood Boulevard between
- Highland and Orange will close at 10 p.m.
- At 10 p.m. Monday, the Hawthorn Alley on the east side of the El Capitan Theatre will close from Hollywood Boulevard south 210 feet.
- Hawthorn Avenue will close between Highland and Orange.
- Orchid Street will close from 60 feet south of Franklin Boulevard to Orchid Alley.
- Orange will close from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Boulevard.
- The north and south sidewalks of Hawthorn Avenue will close from Highland to Orange.
- The north sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close completely from Highland to Orange.
- The west sidewalk of Highland will close from Johnny Grant Way south to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Johnny Grant Way from Highland to Orchid Street will close.
On March 2, Oscar Sunday
- The remainder of Hawthorn Alley from Orange to Highland will close.
- Orange will close from Hawthorn to Hollywood Boulevard.
- The north and south sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from Highland to
- 300 feet east of Highland will close.
- The south sidewalk of Hollywood Boulevard will close directly in
- front of the north-south running Hawthorn Alley.
- The east and west sidewalks of Highland from Hollywood Boulevard to Hawthorn will close.
- The east sidewalk of Highland will close from Yucca Street south to the alley.
- The north and south crosswalks on Hollywood Boulevard at the Highland intersection.
- Hollywood Boulevard will be closed from La Brea Boulevard to Orange Drive, and from Highland Avenue to Cahuenga Boulevard.
- Hawthorn Avenue will close between Orange Drive and La Brea, and from Highland and McCadden Place.
- McCadden Place will close from Yucca Street to Hollywood Boulevard.
- Wilcox Avenue will close between Sunset and Cahuenga boulevards.
- Metro Red Line trains will bypass the Hollywood and Highland station. Regular service will resume March 3.
- Metro bus routes along Hollywood Boulevard will be re-routed during the street closures.
You can see a full listing and map of the closures on the Oscars website, or embedded below: