Screenshot via YouTube
University of Southern California President C. L. Max Nikias and Arnold Schwarzenegger, 38th governor of California, announce the establishment of the USC Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy, which will be housed in the USC Price School of Public Policy.
Conan the Nonsectarian calls for the think tank to promote a "post-partisanship" political era, and details the priorities of the Institute in his official release as:
- energy and environment
- fiscal and economic policy
- health and human wellness
- political reform
USC chose to bullet point the Institute's guiding principals in their announcement:
- Science and evidence must play an important role when finding solutions to policy and social issues.
- Local solutions are often the best means to solve global problems.
- Future leaders, including students and young people, must help shape the solutions for our future.