The center surveyed both vote-by-mail and in-person voters. Eric Garcetti won the primary with 33 percent of the vote. Wendy Greuel came in second with 29 percent followed by Kevin James with 16 percent; Jan Perry with 16 percent; and Emanuel Pleitez with 4 percent.
The exit poll’s highlights include:
- Garcetti received 48 percent of the Latino vote and 43 percent of the Asian-American vote
- Garcetti won every age group, doing particularly well among the 18-29 set
- 40 percent of Jewish voters went for Garcetti
- Perry was supported by 55 percent of African-American voters
- Half of all Republicans who voted went for James, as did 30 percent of decline to state voters
Pleitez had campaigned to reach young and Latino voters. The exit poll found nine percent of Latino voters backed him.