Another day, more dueling for mayoral candidates Eric Garcetti and Wendy Greuel.
It's been a busy day for mayoral candidates Wendy Greuel and Eric Garcetti. Here's a look at what transpired on Thursday:
- The Greuel campaign sent a memo to reporters refuting Garcetti's attacks at Wednesday's Sherman Oaks Homeowners Association debate. On the subject of the Department of Water and Power, the campaign noted that Greuel did not support spending $175,000 on the DWP's Rose Parade float back in 2003. Greuel's campaign also noted that it was her opponent, not her, who supported water rate increases in 2004. "Eric Garcetti and his campaign made a number of false claims. It’s time to set the record straight," according to the memo.
- The Greuel campaign also released an online video, "Latinos with Wendy."
- Eric Garcetti was endorsed by former L.A. City Councilman Joel Wachs and current State Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian. "They join the powerful coalition of Valley leaders who have endorsed Eric Garcetti’s race for mayor," according to the campaign.
- Garcetti was also endorsed by the executive director of the Sierra Club, Michael Brune.
- A political action committee supporting Garcetti began airing radio ads Thursday. The spots will run in English and Spanish.