The Central City Association backs Councilmen Paul Koretz and Joe Buscaino for re-election.
A downtown pro-business group on Thursday endorsed two incumbents and five candidates for open seats in the Los Angeles City Council 2013 race.
The Central City Association endorsed councilmen Paul Koretz and Joe Buscaino for re-election.
“The council members have proven to be effective leaders who have helped us to create jobs and housing throughout Los Angeles,” said Carol Schatz, president and CEO of the Central City Association.
In races where there are open seats, CCA endorsed:
- Gil Cedillo, First District
- Bob Blumenfield, Third District
- Felipe Fuentes, Seventh District
- David Roberts, Ninth District (includes a portion of downtown)
- Mike Bonin, Eleventh District
The primary for all of those seats is set for March 5, 2013. Most of downtown is in District 14, which is represented by José Huizar, who is not up for re-election.