The League of Women Voters, Pasadena Area presented a community discussion on redistricting for Los Angeles County hosted by KPCC.
Voters established California’s groundbreaking Citizens Redistricting Commission to draw new lines for state Assembly, Senate, and U.S. Congressional districts. No more gerrymandering to keep political parties in office - but how will the lines be drawn? The forum juxtaposed maps proposed by ethnic, business, community, and environmental coalitions with the first draft maps from the Redistricting Commission; and offered information about how residents could present their comments to future hearings.
Participating Organizations Included:
- Asian Pacific American Legal Center
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- African American Redistricting Collaborative
- Valley Industry & Commerce Association
- Citizens for the San Gabriel Mountains
Photo Credit: RedistrictingCA