Courtesy of ArtBuild Expo
10th AltBuild Expo is the largest and most-respected green building and design expo in SoCal. The expo is presented by the City of Santa Monica.
AltBuild is for those committed to OR curious about sustainable living through design, including general public and all design/building/architecture professionals. Features 40+ prominent speakers addressing sustainable and alternative building practices; and 100+ exhibitors covering green building, water and energy issues across the board.
Date: May 10 and 11, 2013
Time: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location: Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401-3209
Parking: $9 parking fee if you choose to use the Civic parking lot
On-site Registration: Pre-registration for AltBuild Expo is closed, but you can register on site Friday & Saturday at the event.
Here are some highlights of the event:
* DIY compost bins + instruction on composting (both days)
* Ask An Expert- architecture and landscaping.
* Saturday programming- several DIY workshops
* National Wildlife Federation will feature an interactive display with rescued wildlife
* Creating wildlife-friendly backyard
* Craftsman Pavilion
* Habitat for Humanity
* House Audit companies – learn all about it!
* Energy Upgrade California and Energy Upgrade Los Angeles are offering the substantial rebate for remodels - education van present, as well as multiple contractors that can carry out the various elements- lighting, building, solar etc.
* Theodore Payne Foundation, with plants that can be purchased on site.
* The Cafe- will have "sustainable food"