A classic comedy-drama play that later became a popular film about the bond among a group of Southern women. The action centers on Truvy's beauty parlor and the women who regularly gather there.
Featuring: Hiwa Bourne, Ruth Coughlin, Karen Huie, Dian Kobayashi, Lovelle Liquigan, and Patti Yasutake.
Wednesday, September 11, 2013, at 8pm and includes a 7pm pre-performance cocktail reception, and a post-show reception with the cast and creative team
September 5 - October 6, 2013
Wed-Thurs at 8 pm
Fri-Sat at 8 pm
Sun at 2 pm
About the sponsor:
As the nation's premier Asian American theatre organization, East West Players produces artistic works and educational programs that foster dialogue exploring Asian Pacific experiences.
- Continuing the movement to develop, foster and expand Asian Pacific performance into a major force on the national arts scene in the 21st century
- National recognition of the organization's productions and programs
- Increased opportunities for Asian and Pacific Islander artists on stage and in other media
- Introducing audiences to the diverse Asian Pacific experiences
- Educational programs and mentorship in the literary, technical and performing arts
- Financial and organizational sustainability and growth