Pasadena dog recovering after choking on tennis ball

A dog was recovering today in Pasadena after it choked on a tennis ball on New Year's Eve.

The dog's owners called 911 on New Year's Eve and reported their large dog was unresponsive because it was choking on a ball, according to Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.

Firefighters and emergency personnel arrived at the home and helped take the ball out of the dog's throat and administered oxygen.

The dog woke up a short time later and was expected to be OK.

"The dog's owners were told to take the dog to the veterinarian for a check-up and the good news is it's OK," Derderian said. "It's a great way to start New Year's Day."

blog comments powered by Disqus