UNIQUE LA bills itself as the largest independent design show in the nation featuring more than 300 designers and artists. The 2nd annual Spring Show is this weekend. Among the many activities will be a sewing workshop led by Jin Kim of Common Thread Studio. KPCC's Alex Cohen got a sneak preview of her workshop - click on the player above to take a listen.
UNIQUE LA is a two-day shopping event geared toward making it easy to buy local and support L.A.’s economy while discovering great design and deals.
On top of shopping the wide variety of offerings, the event boasts free workshops, an eco-lounge, and two cafes featuring some of L.A.’s best restaurants and gourmet food trucks. Watch a video about the show:
The 2nd Annual UNIQUE LA show will take place on April 24 and 25, from 11 a.m.–6 p.m., both days at the California Market Center’s Penthouse (110 East 9th Street). Admission is $10 at the door or in advance (kids 12 and under are free).
• Free drinks & a hosted bar (IZZE, Honest Tea, water, beer, UNIQUE cocktails)
• Unlimited re-entry for both days
• Your very own collectible tote bag, exclusive to each show… The Spring tote is designed by L.A. graphic designer Keith Scharwath.
• Free eco-workshops and cool handmade activities all weekend, brought to you by Your Daily Thread and Quayside Publishing
• Family/Kids creativity zone and seating area
• Access to giveaways and door prizes all weekend long
• Souvenir copy of the Vendor Directory and Mini Magazine