For Veterans Day we are asking you to share personal stories about people you know who have served in the military. Help us build a comprehensive map, which was begun in 2010, by marking the place where you, your friends, family or loved ones have been stationed throughout the world. Once you mark the location, add memories, messages and photos to your post.
View #wheretheyserved in a larger map
You need a Google account to participate. If you don't have one, click here to sign up.
To contribute: Read the instructions on the map, or follow them below.
1. After you are logged in, click here to get to our customized map "Where They Served."
2. Directly above the title is the Edit button. Click that.
3. In the upper left-hand corner of the map, click on the blue pin.
4. Drop the pin in the location that your loved one served. Countries, regions or general areas are fine, but try to be specific.
5. Use the veteran's name and hometown as the title. (ex: John Smith, Laguna Beach)
6. Write in a message, memory or story you would like to share. If you're a veteran, tell us how you stayed connected to home when you were far away. Did you have a special song, photo or object? To include photos or links, click on the Rich Text button.
7. Hit OK to finalize your contribution. Tweet your contribution with the hashtag #wheretheyserved