Editor's note: This is the first installment of a new weekly feature, Weekend Traffic, from KPCC.org that will highlight closures, DUI checkpoints and other events likely to disrupt your weekend driving plans. Check our feed every Friday morning for updates, maps and detours for construction plans and route closures. Metro-goers can check for planned repair plans and service shutdowns. Have a look, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Don't spend Mother's Day weekend circling around road closures. If you're driving through the USC area, prepare for the Revlon Run/Walk's route closures on Figueroa St. will start as early as Friday night. From 5 a.m. Saturday morning, the rest of the streets will start to close until around 1 p.m. The Southbound 110 exit at Exposition Blvd. will be closed during that time as well. The rest of the closures are detailed in our map below.
For those headed to the westside, the daily lane and ramp closures along the 405 for the Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project are not about to end this year as planned. Keep updated with the 405 construction Twitter feed below.
- Los Angeles: Revlon Run/Walk for Women road closures start Thursday night at 10 a.m. from Figueroa St. between Exposition Blvd. and Flower St. The rest of the closures along Bill Roberston Ln., Figueroa St. to Jefferson Blvd., Adams Blvd., Hoover St. start at 5 a.m. on Saturday and will end around 1 p.m. Read More
- None: None reported so far Read More
highway construction updates
- 405: Intermittent lane and exit closures are planned for the weekend. Stay updated with the @I405 Twitter alerts. Read More
- 57: Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., State Route 57 lanes will be reduced and several ramps will be closed for Katella Avenue to Imperial Highway. Read More
- Expo Line: Through Thursday, May 23, 2013, Friday nights after midnight and Sunday nights after 9 p.m., lanes on both sides of Venice Blvd. will be reduced to accomodate the Venice Boulevard Bridge construction. Read More
- Angeles Crest Highway: All lanes closed from 5 a.m. at Crystal Lake Road on the Angeles Crest Highway. Read More
- 405: Starting May 1 for three months, construction starts to aid wall 1921 at the southbound Skirball on-ramp. There will be intermittent full-ramp closures. Read More
- 710 SB: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- 101 NB: On-ramp closed at SB Wendy Dr. for bridge construction. Read More
- 5 SB: Off-ramp closed at SB 5 at EB/WB Western Ave. for shoulder reconstruction. Read More
- Red Line: Red Line will run with a 10 minute delay this weekend after 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: The Coyote Creek Bike Path from Rosecrans Ave. to Artesia Blvd. will be closed for construction until 2015. Take a detour on Marquant Ave. to Carmenita Rd. by way of Alondra Blvd. Read More
- San Gabriel River Bike Path: Gold Line construction work may close certain areas of the bike path until October 2013. Read More
- Metro elevator repairs: On Friday from 9 a.m. to noon, elevators at Mariposa Station will be closed for maintenance. Read More
- Revlon Run/Walk: The Revlon Run/Walk will close roads along the Expo Park/USC station Saturday morning from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Read More