Summer is here and that means outdoor music festivals. First up this Saturday, Pasadena's free and all-ages Make Music Pasadena is bringing more than 100 bands at 25 stages and some road closures along with it.
Several blocks along Colorado Boulevard and Raymond Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Take the Pasadena ARTS shuttle to get around from venue to venue.
For drivers in Pasadena on Saturday, consider taking Del Mar Boulevard or Walnut Street for east-west travel and Orange Grove Boulevard and Lake Avenue for north-south travel. City parking lots may be especially harder to access — so consider Gold Line or the bus if you can.
Meanwhile, Expo Line construction continues in Culver City and Palms. Starting this week, all lanes on Expo ROW at National Boulevard between Palms Boulevard and Clarington Avenue — near the 10 Freeway — will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on weekdays. Westbound National Boulevard will also be closed between Palms and Clarington.
More overnight street and ramp closures are in effect at the Sepulveda Pass. From May 31 to June 14, 10p.m. to 5 a.m., Wilshire Boulevard will be closed from Sepulveda Boulevard to the southbound 405 on and off-ramps. Take Federal Avenue to Ohio Avenue to get back onto Sepulveda and avoid the construction.
- Pasadena: Colorado Blvd. between Fair Oaks Ave. and Arroyo Parkway and Raymond Ave. between Union Ave. and Green St. will be closed on Saturday, June 1 from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. for Make Music Pasadena. Read More
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- Expo Line: Mar Vista: For two more weeks, lanes on Bundy Dr. south of Exposition Blvd. will be reduced weekdays, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Bundy Dr. will also be reduced between Olympic Blvd. and Exposition Blvd. Sunday through Thursday nightimes from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Read More
- Colorado Avenue: Colorado Avenue lanes will be reduced on the eastbound and westbound sides for long-term Expo Line construction. Read More
- Pico Blvd. Housing Projects: Santa Monica: Through Saturday June 8, 2013, Monday through Friday, the southerly eastbound lane and sidewalk of Pico Blvd. from 4th to 5th St. in Santa Monica will be closed intermittently. Through June 2, there will be additional lane closures from 28th St. to 29th St. Read More
- LAX Sepulveda tunnel: Lanes will be reduced in the Sepulveda tunnel to LAX from 10p.m. for five hours on weekendays and eight on weekends. Construction expected to end June 2013. Read More
- 57: Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., State Route 57 lanes will be reduced and several ramps will be closed for Katella Avenue to Imperial Highway. Read More
- 405: Intermittent full-ramp closures continue at the southbound Skirball on-ramp. Read More
- 5: On-ramps closed to eastbound Van Nuys Blvd. to southbound 5. Off-ramps to northbound I-5 closed at westbound Terra Bella St., Van Nuys Blvd. and Branford St. Read More
- 101 NB: On-ramp closed at SB Wendy Dr. for bridge construction. Read More
- 710 SB: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Pasadena: The Pasadena ARTS bus will offer free rides on Route 10 all day Saturday, June 1 with extended hours until up to 9 p.m. for Make Music Pasadena. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- San Gabriel River Bike Path: Gold Line construction work may close certain entrances and exits on the bike path. Read More