With pedestrians taking over a major street for CicLAvia Sunday, Wilshire Boulevard will be closed to cars between Grand Avenue and Fairfax from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Vehicles will still be able to pass Wilshire Boulevard at designated intersections: La Brea, Western, Vermont and Alvarado. Grand Avenue and Fairfax will remain open to cars.
Buses that normally run on Wilshire will be moved to 6th Street.
The free event, which has taken place at various locations in the past, is open to the public. Officials said they expect around 150,000 people to participate in CicLAvia.
Additionally, Caltrans announced Thursday that portions of SR-110 between the I-5 connector and Avenue 60 will be closed nightly this weekend. See below for a list of specific closures.
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- LAX Sepulveda tunnel: Lanes will be reduced in the Sepulveda tunnel to LAX from 10 p.m. for five hours on weekdays and eight on weekends. Construction expected to end June 2013. Read More
- 110 NB: Caltrans will close the northbound SR-110 between Figueroa Boulevard and Avenue 43 from 1 a.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday. The northbound SR-110 connectors to the northbound and southbound I-5 will be closed at the same time. Read More
- 110 SB: Southbound SR-110 will be closed between Orange Grove Boulevard and York Boulevard on Saturday from midnight to 7 a.m. Read More
- 110 SB and NB: On Sunday, June 23 northbound SR-110 will be closed between Avenue 60 and Orange Grove Boulevard from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. Southbound SR-110 will be closed between Avenue 60 and Avenue 52 and then from Avenue 52 to Figueroa Street beginning at midnight and ending at 8 a.m. Read More
- 5 NB: Valley View Avenue to Carmenita Road: Up to two I-5 northbound lanes will be closed from Valley View Avenue to Carmenita Road. The closure is part of Caltrans I-5 widening project and is expected to affect the northbound freeway Friday and Saturday between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. Read More
- 5 SB: Carmenita to Valley View Avenue: All southbound I-5 lanes to close from Carmenita Road to Valley View Avenue. Construction project, which is part of Caltrans I-5 widening efforts, is expected to affect the freeway Friday and Saturday between 11:59 p.m. and 7 a.m. Read More
- 605 to 5 connector: The southbound connector from the I-605 to I-5 is expected to close for construction Friday and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. The closure is part of Caltrans I-5 widening efforts. Read More
- I-5 ramps from Artesia Boulevard to Valley View Avenue: Southbound I-5 ramps from Artesia Boulevard to Valley View Avenue are expected to close Friday and Saturday between 11 p.m. and 8 a.m. The closure is part of Caltrans I-5 widening efforts. Read More
- 405: Intermittent full-ramp closures continue at the southbound Skirball on-ramp. Read More
- 5: On-ramps closed to eastbound Van Nuys Blvd. to southbound 5. Off-ramps to northbound I-5 closed at westbound Terra Bella St., Van Nuys Blvd. and Branford St. Read More
- 5: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- 710: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- San Gabriel River Bike Path: Parts of the San Gabriel River Bike Path will be closed at the 210 freeway underpass for construction until July. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
- Orange County Transportation Authority bus routes: The OCTA bus system has received minor schedule adjustments to a number of routes for the summer and introduced Bravo Route 543, which "will provide faster bus service along Harbor Blvd." between Costa Mesa and Fullerton. Read More
- Los Angeles: Slauson Avenue at Buckler Avenue from Thursday at 6 p.m. to midnight Read More
- Hollywood: Hollywood Boulevard at Gower Street from Friday at 8 p.m. to Saturday at 2 a.m. Read More
- Van Nuys: Sepulveda Boulevard at Raymer Street from Friday at 8 p.m. to Saturday at 2 a.m. Read More
- Los Angeles : San Pedro Street and Manchester Avenue from Saturday at 6 p.m. to midnight Read More
- North Hollywood: Cahuenga Boulevard at Broadlawn Drive from Saturday at 8 p.m. to Sunday at 2 a.m. Read More