Strike to impact DASH Downtown bus services
Los Angeles commuters who use DASH Downtown to get around should be aware that bus services and 14 routes have been suspended and limited due to a contractual dispute between the private services provider, Veolia Transportation, and its employees.
There will limited service on Routes D and E and a portion of Route F, but routes serving neighborhoods in South LA and the Hollywood area were suspended immediately as of Thursday.
DASH Beachwood Canyon, DASH Hollywood/Wilshire and DASH Southeast/Pueblo del Rio will operate a limited schedule, the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) announced Thursday in a press release.
DASH Downtown Routes A and B will not be operational due to the strike.
Maps of the affected routes can be found on LADOT's website by clicking a route's name.
Individuals who do take some of the suspended services can look to city subways, light rails and Metro buses for alternate methods of transportation.
Los Angeles Mayoral Inaugaration could affect your evening commute (Sunday)
In a public "block-party," Mayor-elect Eric Garcetti will be sworn in Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Spring Street steps of City Hall facing Grand Park.
Spring Street, between Temple and 1st streets, will close Friday at 7 p.m. Broadway will close Saturday at 7 p.m. between the same streets. Both streets will reopen Monday at approximately 6 a.m.
You may want to keep away from this area if you're not planning on joining the festivities.
LA fans may congest streets for weekend Los Angeles Dodgers home games
Sunset Boulevard and the 110 South may get a little busy this weekend with three back-to-back home Dodgers games: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Games are scheduled to begin at 7:10 p.m., which means the streets may start getting packed around 6 p.m., or even earlier.
Arroyo Boulevard to close for Pasadena Marathon (Sunday)
Although the race begins Sunday at 6 a.m., street and freeway ramp closures for the Pasadena Marathon will begin at 5:30 a.m.
The Seco/Mountain Street ramp at 210 freeway and the Eastbound Orange Grove Boulevard ramp at 134 freeway will both be closed for the race from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Colorado and Arroyo boulevards will be closed until 9 a.m. and 9:30 a.m., respectively.
Commuters are being advised to avoid Hill Avenue off the 210 freeway as officials expect significant traffic and delays in that area. View a map of the closures.
Orange County Transportation Authority discontinues OCLink Pass
The OCLink Pass, which allowed all-day weekday access to Metrolink and OCTA bus service in Orange County for $7, will be discontinued July 1.
Riders can continue purchasing Metrolink weekday tickets from Metrolink ticket vending machines.
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- LAX Sepulveda tunnel: Lanes will be reduced in the Sepulveda tunnel to LAX from 10 p.m. for five hours on weekdays and eight on weekends. Construction expected to end June 2013. Read More
- 5: Up to two southbound lanes on the 5 will be closed between Valley View Avenue and Carmenita Road from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., Friday and Saturday. Read More
- 5: All 5 northbound lanes will be closed between Valley View Avenue and Carmenita Road from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m., Friday and Saturday. Read More
- SR-91 to I-5 connector: The connector from westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5 will be closed Friday and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Read More
- 5: 5 northbound ramps from Artesia Boulevard to Valley View Avenue will be closed Friday and Saturday from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Read More
- 405: Intermittent full-ramp closures continue at the southbound Skirball on-ramp. Read More
- 5: On-ramps closed to eastbound Van Nuys Blvd. to southbound 5. Off-ramps to northbound I-5 closed at westbound Terra Bella St., Van Nuys Blvd. and Branford St. Read More
- 5: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- 710: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Los Angeles bus services for DASH Downtown and 14 DASH routes: Bus services for DASH Downtown and 14 DASH routes serving neighborhoods in South L.A. and the Hollywood area will be suspended immediately due to a contractual dispute between the private service provider, Veolia Transportation, and its employees. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- San Gabriel River Bike Path: Parts of the San Gabriel River Bike Path will be closed at the 210 Freeway underpass for construction until July. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
- Orange County Transportation Authority bus routes: The OCTA bus system has received minor schedule adjustments to a number of routes for the summer and introduced Bravo Route 543, which "will provide faster bus service along Harbor Blvd." between Costa Mesa and Fullerton. Read More
- Orange County: The OCLink Pass will be discontinued and will no longer be available for purchase at Orange County Metrolink ticket vending machines or on OCTA buses starting July 1. Customers can continue to purchase Metrolink weekday tickets from Metrolink ticket vending machines. Read More
This article has been updated.