3 westbound 60 Freeway lanes to close
Three westbound lanes of the 60 (Pomona) Freeway near Rowland Heights will close beginning Friday so that Caltrans can work on restoring pavement to the streets. Expect trouble from Nogales Street to Fullerton Road. The three lanes will be off-limits beginning at 10 p.m. Friday . and will remain closed until Monday at 5 a.m.
Caltrans will shut down the rest of the lanes on Saturday from 1 a.m.to 5 a.m. They'll do the same thing on Monday, July 15 between 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Crews will continue their work in the area and will need to close those roads for at least three more weekends sometime between now and August 26.
In a press release, officials are asking motorists use alternate routes. The closure “could slow traffic to a crawl in the San Gabriel Valley,” says Caltrans.
Ocean Boulevard to close for overpass demolition
The closure, which will occur between Harbor Scenic Drive and SR-47, begins Friday at 10 p.m. Ocean Boulevard is expected to re-open Monday at 5 a.m.
The southbound 710 connector to Ocean Boulevard will also be closed this weekend.
Read on for construction updates, lane closures and more:
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- 39: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway.
- 47: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on Northbound 47 for bridge work until 2014.
- 47: Lane closure at Henry Ford Blvd. to New Dock Street on Southbound 47 for bridge work until 2014.
- 103: Lane closures at Henry Ford Blvd. on Northbound 103 for bridge construction until 2014.
- 5 South between SR-91 and I-605 connectors: Nightly full closures on southbound I-5 between SR-91 and I-605 connectors Saturday and Sunday from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Read More
- 5 South from Carmenita Road to Valley View Avenue: Full southbund I-5 closure from Carmenita Road to Valley View Avenue Saturday and Sunday nights from 11:59 p.m. to 7 a.m. Read More
- I-605 to southbound I-5 connector: Full freeway connector closure from southbound I-605 to southbound I-5 Saturday and Sunday nights from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Read More
- 5 South: Full on-ramp closures on I-5 South from Artesia Boulevard to Valley View Avenue Saturday and Sunday nights from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014.
- 5 South: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on Southbound 5 for shoulder reconstruction.
- 5 North: On-ramp closed at Alondra Blvd. on Northbound 5 for bridge demolition.
- 5 South: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year.
- 710: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014.
- 47: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014.
- Orange County: OCTA is bringing back the OC Fair Express bus service with locations across the county for just $2 each way. The OC Fair Express will provide non-stop weekend bus service from nine locations to the OC Fair from July 12 to Aug. 11. Buses will run hourly between approximately 2:30 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and 9:30 a.m. and midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
- City of Bell: The City of Bell will begin its new shuttle service called La Campana on Friday, July 12. Read More