Freeway closures near Mountain Fire
As the Mountain Fire in Riverside County grows, you'll want to check the "road closures" in our Fire Tracker. As of Thursday evening, Caltrans is asking motorists to avoid the 243 and 74 from Cranston Station to Palm Desert.
2 Freeway tunnel interchange to remain closed
The 2 Freeway tunnel interchange will remain closed throughout the weekend as crews continue their work repairing the damages sustained by a fiery tanker crash July 13.
Northbound 5/138 connector closed until August 15
The northbound 5 connector to the northbound 138 (Lancaster Freeway) is closed until August 15 as Caltrans replaces the pavement. Detours will take you down Quail Lake Road to connect with the northbound lanes, so you might want to build in some extra time for your commute.
North and Southbound 605/10 connectors to close Friday night
The north and southbound 605 connectors to the eastbound 10 freeway will be closed Friday at 10 p.m. as part of their project to add a new carpool lane in either direction on the 10. Meanwhile, Caltrans is advising drivers who want to take the 10 freeway to instead use the 210 or the 60. The 605/10 connector is expected to reopen Monday at 5 a.m.
More details on construction projects, lane and ramp closures, and Metro and bike rider alerts below!
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- 5 North to 138 North: Northbound 5 to 138 connector closed until August 15 as crews replace concrete pavement. Read More
- 605 to 10 East connectors: The north and southbound 605 connectors to the eastbound 10 freeway will be closed Friday at 10 p.m. for pavement and drainage work. The connector is expected to reopen Monday at 5 a.m. Read More
5 South: The southbound 5 will be closed nightly between Triggs Street and Ditman Avenue from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. until Friday.
- 39: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway.
- 47: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on Northbound 47 for bridge work until 2014.
- 47: Lane closure at Henry Ford Blvd. to New Dock Street on Southbound 47 for bridge work until 2014.
- 5 South: Up to two lanes will be closed nightly from Pioneer Blvd. to Rosecrans Ave. until Saturday morning. Read More
- 5 North: Up to two lanes will be closed nightly from Norwalk Blvd. to Pioneer Blvd. until Saturday morning. Read More
5 North: Up to three lanes of northbound I-5 will be closed nightly between the end of the existing truck lane and Lyons Ave. 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- 10 East: Frazier Street: The Frazier Street off-ramp on the 10 east will be closed until 5 a.m. Monday.
- 5 South: Rosencrans Ave.: The off-ramp at Rosecrans Ave. will be fully closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. until Saturday morning. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014.
- 5 North: Alondra Blvd. : On-ramp closed at Alondra Blvd. on Northbound 5 for bridge demolition.
- 5 South: EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year.
- 710: South: Olympic Blvd.: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014.
- 47: EB/WB New Dock St.: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014.
- 57 North: Imperial Highway: Northbound 57 Eastbound Imperial Highway on-ramp to be closed until August 5. Read More
- Orange County: OCTA is bringing back the OC Fair Express bus service with locations across the county for just $2 each way. The OC Fair Express will provide non-stop weekend bus service from nine locations to the OC Fair from July 12 to Aug. 11. Buses will run hourly between approximately 2:30 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and 9:30 a.m. and midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More