405 South to 22 East connector faces 55-hour closure
A heads-up if you're heading to Orange County from Los Angeles this weekend: the connector between the southbound 405 and eastbound 22 will close Friday at 10 p.m. Both 22 East on and off-ramps to and from Valley View will be closed as well. Check the image above for the detour. The route is expected to reopen Monday at 5 a.m.
This weekend's closure comes after a a shutdown a couple weeks ago during which the new 22/405 carpool connector was added. This weekend, crews will add the finishing touches and re-stripe the connector. Come Monday morning, drivers will be using the new bridge.
The Orange County Transportation Authority, which oversees the project, adds that this won't be the last of the closures in this area. Once the new 405/22 connector is complete, the old one, which crosses over the 405 freeway, will be demolished. OCTA expects to close portions of the eastbound 22 and 405 freeways for 20 hours from Aug. 17 to 18.
San Diego's 15 South shuts down
...And if you're heading even further south, be aware that the 15 southbound lanes will close beginning Saturday at 7 p.m. and run overnight. Closure will take place from SR-56/Ted Williams Parkway to Rancho Peñasquitos Boulevard/Poway Road.
Not to worry, you'll be able to use the southbound express lanes as a detour. Traffic may be tight, though, especially in the early evening.
Westbound 60 Freeway lanes to close (again)
Here comes the second installment of the so-called "summer slam."
Two westbound lanes of the 60 (Pomona) Freeway near Rowland Heights will close beginning Friday so that Caltrans can work on restoring pavement to the streets. Expect trouble from Nogales Street to Fullerton Road. The two lanes will be off-limits starting at 10 p.m. Friday and will remain closed until Monday at 5 a.m.
Caltrans will shut down the rest of the lanes on Saturday from 1 a.m.to 5 a.m. They'll do the same thing on Monday between 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Brea Canyon Road, Fairway Drive, Nogales Street and Fullerton Road on-ramps, Nogales Street and Fullerton Road off-ramps, and the northbound 57 to westbound 60 connector will also be closed over the weekend.
Crews will continue their work in the area and will need to close those roads for at least two more weekends sometime between now and Aug. 26.
110 southbound lanes to close Saturday night
Late night drivers, Caltrans has announced it will close all southbound 110 lanes at Orange Grove Boulevard from midnight to 7 a.m. on Saturday and at Hill Street from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday.
During that time, crews will be replacing slab from College Street to Orange Grove Boulevard in South Pasadena.
2 Freeway tunnel interchange remains shut
The underpass connecting to the 2 Freeway will remain closed as crews continue their work repairing the damages sustained by a fiery tanker crash July 13.
- Expo Line: National Blvd.: All lanes on Expo ROW facing National Blvd. between Palms Blvd. and Clarington Ave. will be closed 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- 5 North to 138 North: Northbound 5 to 138 connector closed until August 15 as crews replace concrete pavement. Read More
- 15 South: Caltrans will close Southbound 15 from SR-56/Ted Williams Parkway to Rancho Peñasquitos Boulevard/Poway Road starting Saturday at 7 p.m. until Monday at 4 a.m. Read More
- 405 South to 22 East Connector: The connector between the southbound 405 and eastbound 22 will close Friday at 10 p.m. and is expected to reopen Monday at 5 a.m. Read More
- 243 from 74/243 junction to Marion Ridge Drive: Paving will resume on the 243 freeway starting July 31 at 7 a.m., shutting down the 243 from 74/243 junction to Marion Ridge Drive until Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. Read More
- I-10 at Citrus Avenue: The 10 eastbound will be fully closed at Citrus Avenue starting Sunday at 12:01 a.m. until 8 a.m. The 10 westbound will be closed until 9 a.m. Read More
- 10 East to 210 West connector: The EB10/WB210 connector will be closed Saturday from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. Read More
- 60 West: Three westbound 60 lanes will close between Nogales Street and Fullerton Road beginning Friday at 10 p.m. The closure is second in a four-part, nonconsecutive series related to freeway resurfacing. The lanes are expected to reopen Read More
- 39: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- 47: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on Northbound 47 for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- 47: Lane closure at Henry Ford Blvd. to New Dock Street on Southbound 47 for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- 47: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- 5 North: Quail Lake Road: The on and off-ramps for Quail Lake Road on the northbound 5 will be close Thursday and are expected to reopen Aug. 25 at 10 a.m. Detour will be posted. Read More
- 5 North: Alondra Blvd. : On-ramp closed at Alondra Blvd. on northbound 5 for bridge demolition. Read More
- 5 South: EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- 710: South: Olympic Blvd.: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- 47: EB/WB New Dock St.: On-ramp closed at Route 47 at EB/WB New Dock St. closed for long-term bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- 57 North: Imperial Highway: Northbound 57 Eastbound Imperial Highway on-ramp to be closed until August 5. Read More
- I-10 Ramps: Full ramp closures will be implemented near the I-10 at Citrus Avenue. During these closures, motorists can use Valley Boulevard or Slover Avenue to connect with the Sierra Avenue ramps. Read More
- Citrus Avenue: Citrus Avenue will be closed between Valley Boulevard and Slover Avenue beginning Friday at 9 p.m. until Saturday at 6 p.m. During this closure,motorists can use Valley Boulevard, Cypress Avenue and Slover Avenue to reconnect with Citrus Avenue. Read More
- 22 East: Garden Grove Boulevard will be closed between Valley View Street and the northbound 405 Valley View Street off-ramp from Friday at 10 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street, from Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will be fully closed through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- Orange County: OCTA is bringing back the OC Fair Express bus service with locations across the county for just $2 each way. The OC Fair Express will provide non-stop weekend bus service from nine locations to the OC Fair from July 12 to Aug. 11. Buses will run hourly between approximately 2:30 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and 9:30 a.m. and midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Read More
- Rio Hondo Bike Path: The Rio Hondo Bike Path will be closed at Washington Blvd. for construction until August. Take a detour to the west side of the trail instead. Read More
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
SOBRIETY AND LICENSE CHECKPOINTS
- Westwood area: Wilshire Boulevard at Comstock Avenue | Friday | 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Hollywood area: DUI Saturation Patrol | Friday | 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Sherman Oaks: Ventura Boulevard at Columbus Avenue | Saturday | 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- North Hills: Roscoe Boulevard at Gloria Avenue | Saturday | 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Stay tuned next week: Northbound 405 off-ramp to Sunset Boulevard will close for four months starting Aug. 3
This post has been updated