Traffic on the I-5 has been backed up since a truck tanker overturned on Saturday.
KPCC wants to know: Where are you headed next weekend? Perhaps you’re on your way to Pismo Beach, or you might have plans to head up the coast. Maybe you’re working a late night shift and want to avoid highway closures. Whatever the case, your comments will help shape our coverage. Leave us a message in the comments below, on our Facebook page or tweet us @KPCC.
3 eastbound 60 Freeway lanes to close
Three eastbound lanes of the 60 (Pomona) Freeway near Rowland Heights will be closed off starting Friday. Roads will be tight from Nogales Street to Fullerton Road. The three lanes will be off-limits beginning at 10 p.m. Friday and will remain closed until Monday at 5 a.m.
The remaining lanes will also be closed Saturday from 1 a.m.to 5 a.m., so expect a detour through surface streets if you plan on driving late. They'll do the same thing on Monday, Aug. 12, between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.
This is the third in a four-part series of shutdowns in which Caltrans is working on restoring pavement. The next and final 60 closure in this series is from Aug. 23 through Aug. 26.
Freeways and fires
(The Ortega) Highway 74 running through Cleveland National Forest is open only intermittently as of press time Thursday, and then only to residents. It probably won't be the only road threatened this weekend due to fires. Check KPCC's Firetracker site for closure updates before you head out.
This weekend's confirmed closures:
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Boulevard: Northbound 405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp will close for three months starting Aug. 3. The on-ramp from Sunset Boulevard to the north 405 will be closed every night through Aug. 23 from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Blvd. for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Quail Lake Road: The on and off-ramps for Quail Lake Road on the northbound 5 will be close Thursday and are expected to reopen Aug. 25 at 10 a.m. Detour will be posted. Read More
- Ramp Closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Frazier Mountain Park: The southbound I-5 Frazier Mountain Park Road on-ramp will be closed through Aug. 29. A detour will be posted. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Gorman Road: The southbound I-5 off-ramp to Gorman Road will be closed until Aug. 15. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound I-5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard will be permanently closed starting Aug. 15 through April 2014. Read More
- Connector Closure: Northbound 5 to 138 connector closed until August 15 as crews replace concrete pavement. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Del Rosa Avenue: The Del Rosa Avenue on-ramp to the 210 eastbound will be closed Aug. 9 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Connector Closure: The 605 northbound connector to the I-10 in Baldwin Park will be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day until Aug. 12. A detour is available. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Connector Closure: The connector from I-15 to the eastbound 210 will be closed Aug. 10 from 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- Construction Update: The eastbound 2 connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to emergency repairs for damages sustained by a fiery tanker crash July 13. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Chapman Avenue: The Chapman Avenue off-ramp from the northbound 57 will be closed starting Aug. 9 at 10 p.m. until Aug. 12 at 5 a.m. Read More
Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection
- Road Closure: The Alondra Blvd. and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues
- Road Closure: Adoree Street, from Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will be fully closed through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
Coyote Creek Bike Path
- Rider Alert: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
Expo Line: Venice Blvd.
- Construction Update: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. Read More
- Rider Alert: OCTA is bringing back the OC Fair Express bus service with locations across the county for just $2 each way. The OC Fair Express will provide non-stop weekend bus service from nine locations to the OC Fair from July 12 to Aug. 11. Buses will run hourly between approximately 2:30 p.m. and midnight on Fridays and 9:30 a.m. and midnight on Saturdays and Sundays. Read More
Next week: The 405 freeway is scheduled to be completely closed for 20 hours starting Aug. 17, between the 605 and Valley View Street in Westminster. Read More