David McNew/Getty Images
Morning commuters travel the 210 freeway between Los Angeles and cities to the east on December 1, 2009 near Pasadena, California. Read on to learn about closures happening in your area. Also, help shape our coverage by telling us where you're heading next weekend.
KPCC wants to know: Where are you headed next weekend? Perhaps you’re on your way to Pismo Beach, or you might have plans to hit the Hollywood Strip. Maybe you’re working a late night shift and want to avoid highway closures. Whatever the case, your comments will help shape our coverage. Leave us a message in the comments below, on our Facebook page or tweet us @KPCC.
Closures on the 405 are not over yet
Night commuters will see more full closures on the 405 near the 605 and 22 as Caltrans continues to make repairs to the connector between 7th Street/eastbound 22 and northbound 605. Earlier this year, the bridge was damaged when a piece of equipment fell off a truck.
Some of the night closures to expect until Friday include:
- A full shutdown of the 405 north from Valley View Street to the 22 Freeway from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The connector between 7th Street/22 east to the 405 south will also be closed from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nearby on- and off-ramps will also be closed.
Check out West County Connector's map of closures and available detours for a more detailed look at closures in the area.
60 "Summer Slam" sees final weekend
Has the "summer slam" got you down? Well, cheer up. This weekend is the last in the series of closures on the 60 Freeway. Two lanes of the 60 east will be closed starting Friday at 10 p.m. All lanes are expected to reopen Monday at 5 a.m. Here's what you'll need to avoid (one more time).
- Hacienda Boulevard, Azusa Avenue, Fullerton Road and south Nogales Street on-ramps are scheduled to be closed
- Fullerton Road and Nogales Street off-ramps to be closed
- Full freeway closure will be in effect in direction of weekend closure Saturday 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. and Monday 1 a.m. to 5 a.m. for K-rail installation and removal
120 Freeway closed due to fire
Flames of a fire burning near Yosemite National Park have forced officials to close the 120 Freeway from Smith Station to four miles east of Buck Meadows. Stay updated on fire-related closures and evacuations with KPCC's Fire Tracker.
- Ramp closure at Sunset Boulevard: Northbound 405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp closed for three months beginning on Aug. 3. The on-ramp from Sunset Boulevard to the north 405 will be closed every night through Aug. 23 from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Read More
- Freeway closure: Full northbound freeway closure, from Skirball to Valley Vista, from 11 p.m. until 9 a.m. on Aug. 24. Southbound HOV, #1 and 2 lanes will be closed as a buffer. Closures start at 11 p.m. and last until 9 a.m. Read More
- Ramp closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Boulevard for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp closure at Quail Lake Road: The on- and off-ramps for Quail Lake Road on the northbound 5 were set to close Thursday and are expected to reopen Sunday, Aug. 25 at 10 a.m. Detour will be posted. Read More
- Ramp closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp closure at Frazier Mountain Park: The southbound I-5 Frazier Mountain Park Road on-ramp will be closed through Aug. 29. A detour will be posted. Read More
- Ramp closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound I-5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be closed through April 2014. Read More
- Connector closure: The connector between the 605 north and the 405 south will be closed nightly from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. through Friday. This closure is ongoing on Monday through Friday, with no end date yet announced. Read More
- Connector closure: The 101 connector ramps will be closed to northbound 405 on Aug. 24. Read More
- Lane closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Boulevard on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Construction update: The eastbound 2 connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to emergency repairs for damages sustained by a fiery tanker crash July 13. Read More
- Ramp closure at EB Bess Avenue/Frazier Street: The Bess Avenue/Frazier Street off-ramp from the 10 east will be closed until Aug. 24 for bridge work. Read More
- Ramp closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane closure: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on northbound/southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection: The Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street, from Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues, will be fully closed through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be closed. Read More
- South Victoria Avenue: Beginning Monday Aug. 26, South Victoria Avenue will be closed from 67th Street to Burlington Northern Railroad Tracks 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for sanitary sewer relocation. Read More
- Orange County: The Fullerton Park and Ride will be closed for road maintenance Saturday and Sunday. During the closure passengers can board or transfer to buses on Routes 25, 26, 33 and 35 at stops on Orangethorpe between Auto Center and Magnolia. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Los Angeles: Metro will offer extended late-night Metro Rail service on Sunday, Aug. 25 for attendees of the tenth annual FYF Fest Saturday, Aug. 24 and Sunday, Aug. 25 at Los Angeles Historic State Park, just a short walk from the Metro Gold Line Chinatown Station. Read More
- Expo Line: Venice Boulevard: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Boulevard and Robertson Boulevard until January 2014. Read More
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
- Sawtelle Boulevard: Sawtelle Boulevard between Exposition and Pico boulevards in West L.A. will be closed for 10 consecutive nights beginning Wednesday, Aug. 21 as part of construction work on Phase 2 of the Expo light rail line. The small stretch of road will be closed from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night. During the closures, northbound traffic on Sawtelle will be detoured at Exposition. Southbound traffic will be detoured at Pico. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek bike paths: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More