Let's just cut to the chase: The 405 freeway is scheduled to be completely closed between Valley View Street and Studebaker Road on Friday and Saturday nights from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
During this closure, crews will demolish the east half of the Seal Beach Boulevard bridge as part of the West County Connectors project. This closure comes after the OCTA and Caltrans completed the west half of the bridge, which opened to traffic Sunday.
Additional closures in this area include:
- Seal Beach Boulevard over the freeway will be closed from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. both Friday and Saturday nights
- Southbound 405 will be closed at Studebaker Road
- Northbound 405 will close between Valley View Street and the 605 interchange
- Westbound 22 will be closed from Valley View Street to the northbound 405 interchange
See the map above for more details on the 405 closures this weekend. You can also find more information, including detours, here.
Anaheim roads to host more drivers
With Angels home games, concerts and Halloween Time at Disneyland, Anaheim is expected to see congested streets this weekend.
It all starts Friday near Angels Stadium with a game against the Seattle Mariners at 7:05 p.m. The Angels will face the Mariners again on Saturday at 6:05 and Sunday at 12:35 p.m.
Additionally, there will be street closures on Saturday for the second annual OC Fest of Ales and 5K Run. The event starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. Other events that could spell trouble in the area are listed in this press release.
The following streets near Center Street Promenade will be closed from 8:30 to 11 a.m. for the fest Saturday:
- Harbor Boulevard between Broadway and North Street: Only northbound will be closed; southbound traffic will be allowed.
- La Palma Avenue between Harbor Boulevard and Anaheim Boulevard: Only Eastbound will be closed; westbound traffic will be allowed.
- Anaheim Boulevard between Sycamore and Lincoln: Only southbound will be closed; northbound traffic will be allowed.
- Lincoln Avenue between Harbor Boulevard and Anaheim Boulevard: Both directions will be closed; no traffic will be allowed.
Read on for more planned closures this weekend.
- Ramp Closure at Quail Lake Road: The southbound 5 off-ramp to Quail Lake Road will be closed until September 30 at 10 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Gorman Road: The Gorman Road on-ramp to southbound I-5 in north Los Angeles County will reopen Friday at 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp will be closed at Alondra Blvd. for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound I-5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound I-5 off-Ramp at Imperial Highway will permanently close starting Monday. Read More
- Connector Closure: The westbound SR-138 connector to southbound I-5 will be closed until September 30 at 10 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Yorba Linda Boulevard: A 57-hour closure will be in place for the Yorba Linda Boulevard off-ramp from the 57 North starting 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Detour from the 57 North by exiting Nutwood Avenue, make a right onto eastbound Nutwood Avenue, then a left onto northbound Placentia Avenue and lastly a left onto westbound Yorba Linda Boulevard. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Madison Street: Eastbound Madison Street off-ramp from the 91 freeway is expected to reopen Friday 6 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Restriction at Date Palm Drive: The eastbound I-10 ramps at Date Palm Drive will be restricted to “No Left Turns” for a 30-day period beginning Sept. 12. Towards the end of this 30-day period, Date Palm Drive between I-10 and Varner Rd. will also be closed. Read More
- Freeway Closures: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations, such as a connector from the 101 freeway to 405 south. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Boulevard: Northbound 405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp will close for three months starting August 3. The on-ramp from Sunset Boulevard to the north 405 will be closed every night through August 23 from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Read More
- Construction Update: The northbound 2 freeway connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to damages sustained in a fiery tanker crash July 13. Construction is scheduled to start in October and, if all goes according to plan, finish by Christmas. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Boulevard for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Boulevard on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street, from Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will be fully closed through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- South Victoria Avenue: Beginning Monday, South Victoria Avenue will be closed from 67th Street to Burlington Northern Railroad Tracks 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for sanitary sewer relocation. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed starting Monday as crews will start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. (A temporary re-opening of the intersection is planned for a few days in late October and early November 2013). Read More
- Route 70: Route 70 buses will be on detour in the city of Huntington Beach due to construction until September 27. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice and Robertson boulevards until January 2014. Read More
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close the a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
- Los Angeles River Bike Path: The Los Angeles River bike path will be closed from Clara Street to Imperial Highway due to construction activities until December 9. Read More