The California Science Center is home to the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit. The exhibit celebrates Endeavour’s scientific achievements and its connection to California, where all the orbiters were built.
Museums across the country are offering free admission Saturday as part of Museum Day Live. The event happens every year in the spirit of the Smithsonian Museums — which are free every day.
More than two dozen museums are free Satuday in Southern California including the California Science Center, the Los Angeles Maritime Museum, the Grammy Museum and the Petersen Automotive Museum.
All you have to do is register at Smithsonian Magazine's website to sign up for a free Museum Day ticket.
Here's a list of all of the Southern California museums that are participating:
- Beall Center for Art + Technology
- California Science Center
- California Surf Museum
- Chinese American Museum
- Craft and Folk Art Museum
- Dr. Willella Howe-Waffle House and Medical Museum
- ExplorOcean, Home of the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum
- FIDM Museum (ALWAYS FREE)
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Heritage Museum of Orange County
- Japanese American National Museum
- Laguna Art Museum
- Los Angeles Maritime Museum
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust (ALWAYS FREE)
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano
- Museum of Latin American Art (MOLAA)
- Pacific Asia Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art (PMCA)
- Pennypickle's Workshop, Temecula Children's Museum
- Petersen Automotive Museum
- S.C.R.A.P. Gallery
- Santa Ana Fire Museum
- Santa Monica Museum of Art
- Temecula Valley Museum
- The Autry
- The GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE
- Zimmer Children's Museum