A safety officer directs traffic at a vehicle crossing point at Wilshire Boulevard and Western Avenue during CicLAvia on June 23, 2013.
CicLAvia is back, and this time it's taking place in the heart of Los Angeles. The downtown event will be the last of its kind in the city this year, and it's sure to bring traffic woes to those who don't go car-free. It's scheduled to begin 9 a.m. Sunday. Roads are expected to reopen at 4 p.m.
Never been? Not sure what to expect? Check out the map below for CicLAvia route and nearby restaurants. Also, we've got some recycled tips for a smooth experience.
Wait, it looks like CicLAvia is happening on Broadway near Dodgers Stadium.
Yes, the Dodgers face the Braves on Sunday at 5 p.m., and the street closure on Broadway for CicLAvia might spell trouble for commuters coming from that area.
But, organizers at CicLAvia say there won't be much change to the event in that area. According to a press release sent out by CicLAvia organizers, here's what was decided to help alleviate possible traffic:
To ensure the best possible day for both sets of fans, LADOT and LAPD will closely monitor the flow of vehicle traffic to Dodgers Stadium Sunday afternoon in real time. Depending upon that flow, the projected 4 p.m. re-opening time of Broadway in Chinatown may be adjusted to allow for vehicle traffic.
Gates at Dodgers Stadium open at 2 p.m.
Read on for more planned closures this weekend.
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Blvd. for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound I-5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound I-5 Off-Ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Lincoln Street: The northbound I-5 Lincoln Street off-ramp and San Fernando Boulevard on-ramp to southbound I-5 will be temporarily closed starting Sunday at 9 p.m. It is scheduled to reopen Monday at 6 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Restriction at Date Palm Drive: The eastbound I-10 ramps at Date Palm Drive will be restricted to “No Left Turns” for 30 days beginning Sept. 12. Towards the end of this 30-day period, Date Palm Drive between I-10 and Varner Rd. will also be closed. Read More
- Highway Closure: There will be full nightly closures of Rim of the World/SR-18 from Snow Valley to North Shore Drive at the bridge from Sunday to Oct. 15 from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. The closure is needed to clean the slopes and embankments to prepare for the winter season and snow storage. Read More
- Sections of the interchange and nearby ramps: Sections of the I-5/I-10 interchange will be closed from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m. as personnel and community service workers come in for “swarm” maintenance on Sunday. Crews will remove litter and graffiti, trim trees, clear weeds, repair guardrail and irrigation, re-stripe the roadway, re-lamp overhead lights, and replace signs. Motorist should expect delays. Signed detours will be in place. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations, such as a connector from the 101 freeway to 405 south. Click "Read More" to see if a closure might affect your commute this weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Boulevard: Northbound 405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp is closed until November. Read More
- Connector Closure: The I-215 northbound to SR-60 westbound connector will be closed from Oct. 14 to 17. The project working hours are from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. The connector closure is needed to remove remaining falsework (temporary bridge support) and scaffolding from the new SR-60 westbound HOV connector. Read More
- Construction Update: The northbound 2 freeway connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to damages sustained in a fiery tanker crash July 13. Construction is scheduled to start in October and if all goes according to plan, finish by Christmas. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- San Fernando Boulevard: There will be a temporary full street closure of San Fernando Boulevard under I-5. The closure will begin Sunday at 9 p.m., and scheduled to reopen Monday at 6 a.m. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Blvd. and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street, from Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will be fully closed through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- South Victoria Avenue: Beginning Monday, South Victoria Avenue will be closed from 67th Street to Burlington Northern Railroad Tracks 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday for sanitary sewer relocation. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed starting Monday as crews will start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. (A temporary re-opening of the intersection is planned for a few days in late October and early November 2013). Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. until January 2014. Read More
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close the a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More