Update 5 p.m. Friday: Heads up, Metro just announced the 405 will be closed in both directions Saturday starting at 10 p.m. for the Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project.
Here's what to expect:
Southbound 405 will be closed from Valley Vista Boulevard to the southbound Skirball Center Drive on-ramp. All lanes are scheduled to be closed from 1 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning.
Northbound 405 will be closed from Getty Center Drive to the northbound Skirball on-ramp. All lanes are scheduled to be closed 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
Skirball Bridge will be closed from northbound Skirball Center Drive off-ramp to Sepulveda Boulevard starting Saturday at 10 p.m. to Sunday 6 a.m.
Metro has provided commuters with a map and list of detours.
Previously: The 22 East/405 North connector is scheduled to reopen.
The Orange County Transportation Authority recently announced that the 7th Street / 22 East connector to the 405 North will reopen Saturday morning. Included is a temporary ramp to the northbound 605 freeway.
The old connector is scheduled to be demolished the following weekend and will require full closures on the 405 Freeway.
Read on to learn about more planned closures and detours that might affect your commute this weekend, including bike paths, ramps and bus routes.
- Freeway Closure: The 10 freeway will be closed in both directions between the 605 and Baldwin Park Boulevard on Friday from 11:59 p.m. Saturday at 6 a.m., Sunday from 1 a.m. to 8 a.m. and nightly from then on between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. through Oct. 31. Read More
- Lane Closure: The 10 freeway at Citrus Avenue and Cherry Avenue in Fontana will see ramp and lane closures nightly through the weekend. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The southbound 5 freeway will be closed nightly between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street from midnight to 4 a.m. through Nov. 26. Read More
- Lane Closure: The 5 freeway between Pico Canyon Road/Lyons Avenue and the 14 freeway in Santa Clarita will see lane and ramp closures nightly through the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Boulevard for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at EB/WB Tuxford Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB Tuxford Street on southbound I-5 for shoulder reconstruction until the end of the year. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Lane Closure: The 57 freeway near Fullerton and Yorba Linda will see a number of ramp and lane closures through the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Student Baker Road: The Studebaker Road on-ramp to the 7th Street / 22 East will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Connector Closure: 7th Street / 22 East connector to southbound 405 freeway will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Northbound 405 freeway will be closed from Valley View Street to Seal Beach Boulevard Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Freeway Closure: Southbound 405 will be closed from Studebaker Road to Bolsa Chica Road Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Seal Beach Boulevard: The Seal Beach Boulevard on-ramp to the 405 South will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Seal Beach Boulevard: Southbound 405 off-ramp to Seal Beach Boulevard will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Sunset Boulevard: Northbound 405 Sunset Boulevard off-ramp is closed until November. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles, such as a connector closure from the 101 freeway to 405 south. Click "Read More" to see if a closure might affect your commute this weekend. Read More
- Connector Closure: 7th Street / 22 East connector to northbound 605 freeway will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Connector Closure: Southbound 605 connector to southbound 405 freeway will be closed Thursday and Friday nights from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Construction Update: The northbound 2 freeway connector to the northbound 5 freeway is closed due to damages sustained in a fiery tanker crash July 13. Construction is scheduled to start in October and, if all goes according to plan, finish by Christmas. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closures at Crystal Lake Road on Northbound/Southbound 39 for permanent road closure of highway. Read More
- Keller Road: Riverside County Transportation Department will close access from the east leg of Keller Road onto 79 highway while paving sections of the 79. The road is expected to be closed through Oct. 31. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Blvd. and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street will be fully closed between Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed starting Monday as crews will start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. (A temporary re-opening of the intersection is planned for a few days in late October and early November 2013). Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Expo Line: Venice Blvd.: From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sundays, expect reduced lanes along Venice Blvd. and Robertson Blvd. until January 2014. Read More
- Metro Blue Line: There will be limited nighttime train service on the Metro Blue Line between Willowbrook Station and Downtown Long Beach Station, from Sunday to Wednesday. Read More
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek Bike Paths will be closed from Alondra Blvd. to Artesia Blvd. until May 2015. Read More
- Los Angeles River Bike Path: The Los Angeles River bike path will be closed from Clara Street to Imperial Highway due to construction activities until Dec. 9. Read More
- 405 Freeway Bike Path: The bike path along the west side of the southbound 405 from Waterford Street to Constitution Avenue will be closed through Nov. 3 due to construction of a drainage system at Waterford/Church. Read More