Hosts award the trophy for Worst Supporting Actress at the 2009 Razzie Awards.
Familiar names Tyler Perry, Adam Sandler and M. Night Shyamalan dominated the nominees for the 2014 Razzies, the annual anti-awards recognizing the worst to come out of Hollywood, as determined by the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation's 750 voters, which were announced Wednesday morning.
Among those receiving nods for the 2013's worst were some repeat winners, including Perry, Halle Berry and Sandler, along with a few divas and leading men, including Johnny Depp, Sly Stallone and Naomi Watts.
Once again, Adam Sandler racked up the lion's share of award nominations, including eight for his sequel to "Grown-Ups."
"Movie 43," honored as "the 'Citizen Kane' of awful" by the Chicago Sun-Times, received a hefty set of nominations, along with M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth," which the Tulsa World's reviewer wrote "made me believe I'd been transported to a Hollywood studio backlot, where Smith family movies are made."
Here are the top noms. You can browse the full list on the Razzie's site.
- After Earth
- Grown-Ups 2
- The Lone Ranger
- A Madea Christmas
- Movie 43
- Halle Berry (The Call and Movie 43)
- Selena Gomez (Getaway)
- Lindsay Lohan (The Canyons)
- Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas)
- Naomi Watts (Diana and Movie 43)
- Johnny Depp (The Lone Ranger)
- Ashton Kutcher (Jobs)
- Adam Sandler (Grown-Ups 2)
- Jaden Smith (After Earth)
- Sylvester Stallone (Bullet to the Head, Escape Plan and Grudge Match)
- The 13 People Who Directed (Movie 43)
- Dennis Dugan (Grown-Ups 2)
- Tyler Perry (A Madea Christmas and Temptation)
- M. Night Shyamalan (After Earth)
- Gore Verbinski (The Lone Ranger)
And here you can check out the trailers for the year's worst picture:
The Razzie's were "created in 1980 as a logical antidote to Tinsel Town's annual glut of self-congratulatory awards," according to the awards' website.
Which of this year's films you think deserves the Worst Picture honor?