Special events in Orange County and Los Angeles are imposing a number of closures this weekend:
- Kingdom Day Parade: Monday starting as early as 4 a.m. Streets scheduled to reopen at approximately 6 p.m.
-Crenshaw Boulevard between 39th Street and Slauson Avenue
-MLK Boulevard between Marlton Avenue and Normandie Avenue
-Western Avenue between 39th Street and Vernon Avenue
- MLK Vision Classic Bike Race: Saturday 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Crenshaw Boulevard will be closed from 48th Street to 43rd Place
- Degnan will be closed from 43rd Place to 43rd Street
- Leimert Boulevard will be closed from 43rd Street to 48 Street
- Grammy Week: Monday night
- Butler Avenue will be closed from Santa Monica Boulevard to Iowa Avenue.
- Tinker Bell Half Marathon: Saturday and Sunday
- Streets affected include Disneyland Drive, Katella Avenue, Magic Way, Walnut Street and more. Morning closures begin as early as midnight Saturday and continue Sunday until as late as 9 a.m. Check out a press release from the City of Anaheim for specific information.
Additionally, you'll see some closures due to construction. Here's where:
West County Connectors
- I-405, I-605, SR-22: These freeways and surrounding ramps and streets regularly see night closures throughout the week and sometimes into the weekend. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Alondra Boulevard: Northbound 5 on-ramp closed at Alondra Boulevard for bridge demolition. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Pioneer Boulevard: The southbound 5 off-ramp at Pioneer Boulevard/Imperial Highway will be permanently closed through April 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Imperial Highway: The northbound 5 off-ramp at Imperial Highway is permanently closed. Read More
- Ramp and Lane Closures: The 57 freeway regularly sees a number of ramp and lane closures for the Orange County Transportation Authority's widening project. Read More
- Freeway Closure: The 405 freeway experiences nightly closures at various locations in Los Angeles. Read More
- Ramp Closure at Olympic Boulevard: On-ramp closed at 710 SB at Olympic Blvd. for long-term bridge construction until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: Lane closure at New Dock Street to Henry Ford Blvd. on 47 north and south for bridge work until 2014. Read More
- Ramp Closure at New Dock Street: On-ramp closed at EB/WB New Dock Street on Northbound 47 for bridge demolition until 2014. Read More
- Lane Closure: The north and southbound 215 will be affected by two lane changes and ramp closures between Mccall Boulevard and Scott Road until 2014. Read More
- South Firestone Boulevard: Caltrans will fully close South Firestone Boulevard in both directions from Rosecrans Avenue to just south of Silverbow Avenue through April 2014. Read More
- Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive Intersection: The Alondra Boulevard and Freeway Drive intersection will be closed until Feb. 14, 2014. Alondra Boulevard Bridge will also be closed until mid/late 2014. Read More
- Corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues: Adoree Street will be fully closed between Kalnor Avenue and the corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues through late February 2014. The corner of Paddison and Zeus avenues will also be fully closed. Read More
- 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street intersection: The intersection of 1st Avenue and Santa Clara Street in the City of Arcadia will be completely closed as crews start constructing grade crossing improvements. The intersection is expected to reopen in February 2014. Read More
- California Avenue and Duarte Road intersection: As part of the 11.5-mile Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension light rail project, construction crews will work on the Southern half of California Avenue at the intersection of Duarte Road in Monrovia from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Monday through Saturday until February 2014. California Avenue will be closed. Read More
Metro and Metrolink Alerts
- Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus: Due to Expo Line Phase II construction, Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus will temporarily close a number of Route 5 and Route 12 stops until further notice. Read More
Bike Route Alerts
- Coyote Creek Bike Path: Coyote Creek bike paths will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Artesia Boulevard until May 2015. Read More
Heads up: Don't forget there's an 80-hour closure scheduled for northbound 405 on Presidents’ Day weekend.